slideshow

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Owl Woman, beginning

Owl Woman background and underpainting
Years ago I dreamed of Owl Woman. I have no idea where she came from. I've drawn her a few times over the years. Last night she came back to me and I stayed up late working on this.



I sketched her with pencil then went over the lines with thin black paint. The background has a lot of black, dioxizine purple and dark green mixes. Then I used some watered down browns and greys to add the shadows.











Owl Woman Blues and greys, flesh tones begin feathers



I used blues and greys for her hair and dress, a mixture of pinks and browns for the flesh, More greys with white and a touch of blue for the feathers.









Owl Woman a bigger moon, deepen shadows







I made the moon bigger, deepened the shadows and worked on highlights. I didn't like how her eyes look here, so reworked them as you'll see.










Owl Woman almost finished




I like her eyes much better here.  This is where I stopped and went to bed. I don't feel she is finished yet, so I will probably work on her more today.


2 comments:

  1. Fascinating! Is the dream specifically telling you something? Do you use dreams in your are a lot?

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Indira, nowadays I rarely remember my dreams. I dreamed of owl woman maybe 20 years ago. Just recently the image of her came back to me.

    ReplyDelete