slideshow

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Commission

Well today I am to deliver Sachmo to his owner. My client has already ordered another portrait, for his friend. Same size, another Yellow Lab. of course I don't have another canvas that size so will have to run on into the valley and get one. I'll probably stop over at the used book store and see if they'll take some old books for trade while I'm down there.

In the meantime, if you are looking for good deals on art supplies, Dick Blick is the best. I usually order all my canvas, paint and brushes from them and have been so happy with their quality and service that I've become an affiliate. You can go to  their website through the button above and yes, if you order something I'll make a small commission, so thank you very much.

If you are looking for other supplies or for online lessons, I've put together a good list in my article, My Favorite Artists Resources Online.

Have you read Betty Edwards book, Drawing On The Right Side of The Brain? I just loved this book. The difference in my drawings between before and after I read it and did her exercises were amazing. It was also very interesting to read about how the different parts of the brain work, written in plain English. She now has several other books out which are on my wish list, a workbook and a book about color.

2 comments:

  1. thanks Netty; my client was ecstatic on delivery which pleases me to no end ;-)

    ReplyDelete