slideshow

Monday, July 11, 2011

count Down to Italy

My Australian artist friend, Elise and I are going to meet in Italy in August. One of the first places we are staying is in Perugia at this lovely B&B.


View Larger Map
Perugia is the capital of the region and also the name of the town. It has several museums and other things  we want to see. It is also close to other interesting towns, like Assisi, of St. Frances fame and Fabriano where they have been making paper since the 1300's. We are planning to see the paper making museum there. And yes, of course! We are going to buy some paper!

We might also make a little side trip over into Tuscany to the town of Volterra. It too has some museums and interesting things to see. The funny thing about Italy is you are as likely to see a really wonderful and even famous piece of art in the local church as at the museum. And of course a great deal of the art in Italy is church related.


I think I just might have to order this book, as I don't have a lick of Italian!



And this one should give me some idea of all the lovely places we don't want to miss!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous! Take lots of pix so I can travel vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh have no doubt on lots of pics; I took almost 3,000 last year! Hopefully this year the wifi at the B&B will be in working order so I can post while I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww Perugia is beautiful as well as all the Umbria region! It's a pity that I don't live anywhere nearby, I would have loved to meet you in person! When exactly are you going to be in Italy?
    Hugs
    Ernestina

    ReplyDelete