slideshow

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Malala Yousafzai = BRAVE

OK, I have no idea why Blogger persists in importing my photos the wrong way but it is very annoying. that said, this is my journal page for the Colour Me Positive 2nd week.

This weeks prompt was to Be Brave. The original quote given was "She took the leap and built her wings on the way down"

I pondered the challenge for 2 or 3 days finally outlining the words Be Brave in pencil while I thought about what to do with the rest of the page.

Then a meme came across my Facebook page showing Gabriel Giffords and Malala Yousafzai together. Both of these women are amazing for having both survived gunshot wounds to their heads.

So I googled them and downloaded and printed some pictures. But in the end I only used Malala's because of the space constraints of my page. I think this young woman is totally amazing. In many ways she and others like her are changing the world for the better.



I shortened the quote given to just "She took the leap and grew wings" as I liked that better.  I drew wings around her images and wrote "Be Brave * Grow Wings" in many areas. I think that may become my mantra for a bit. Be Brave. Grow Wings. Stretch your wings and fly.





Malala has certainly been brave. Despite multiple death threats against her and her father, she continues to speak up and speak out for education, for girls and women. And some places are listening to her and making changes for the better. I hope someday everywhere in the world has equality, amongst rich and poor, white and colored, men and women.


I'm sure there have been times when Malala was scared, but her brave heart beat on and gave her the courage to raise up her voice for those who had none.







No comments:

Post a Comment