slideshow

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sketchbooks

So now I have two sketchbooks going at once. The plain one I bought last week that I have just been doodling in in the evenings.

This is last nights doodle, just random pictures from magazines, done with a fine point black sharpie marker. Besides faces there is a horse and a bird in there.











This week I have discovered a new challenge, Colour Me Positive.  This is a weekly challenge with a word, idea or quote to work with. It seems a lot of the participants are into collage and mixed media. Those aren't my strong suites, but I might try out some ideas. I decided to use the rooster sketch book my daughter brought me for this one.

Colour Me Positive week 1
The theme for the first week was Gratitude and what are you grateful for from 2015. There was a quote which I used. "When you look at life through eyes of gratitude the whole world becomes a magical and amazing place" Jennifer Gayle.

I used my new fine point sharpie marker and a little acrylic paint. The pages aren't thick enough to take a great deal of water without buckling so I didn't want to get it too wet.

The second weeks prompt is out and it is Brave. Perhaps I will be brave and use more paint and color. I am still thinking about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment